As a Business Analyst in the area of European funds and investments, I believe that good leadership is the key to effectiveness and success in organizations. In my day-to-day work, I am faced with the challenges of leading multidisciplinary teams, which means that there are some essential points that I must always be aware of, and which I bring to you today to perhaps help you with your strategic vision:
- Communicate Clearly and Constantly: transparency in communication is fundamental. You need to ensure that the team is aware of the contact channels available and that everyone understands their tasks, the objectives and the progress of the projects they are involved in;
- Set Clear Goals: having clear goals helps to maintain focus and motivate the team;
- Encourage Collaboration: an environment where there is collaboration, there is creativity, there are solutions and above all there are bonds between members;
- Encouraging Skills Development: promoting learning opportunities for the team, whether among peers or with external training.
A position of leadership is also accompanied by the need to support the team. That’s why it’s important for me to regularly promote:
- Effective Meetings: short, direct meetings focused on the important points;
- Constructive Feedback: recognizing good work and creating opportunities for personal and professional growth.
In my day-to-day work, it helps me, and that’s why I advise you, to have a checklist of the day and of tasks or requests that may arise. It will help you to
- Prioritize and Manage Time: If everything is urgent, nothing is urgent. On a day-to-day basis, requests come in from everyone involved, so you need to have a clear vision of what is actually a priority and what is a need that can be met in the short to medium term.
- Flexibility and Adaptation: Being open to change and adapting quickly to new situations helps me deal with everyday challenges.
- Creating a Positive Environment: a positive, encouraging and trusting working environment.
Finally, leading a team involves, above all, creating a collaborative environment, clear communication and support for personal development. I believe that only in this way can we have a highly efficient and motivated team, capable of facing challenges and achieving the proposed objectives.
What's Your Reaction?
Fabiana is an Agricultural Engineer by training and currently a Business Analyst at Affinity. She has a special taste for team leadership challenges that involve the personal and professional development of the people she works with. She is passionate about political communication and has always been addicted to sport, with her most recent discovery being crossfit!